All Ages

Saturday, March 12, 2005

When nerds play board games

My friend Ian has written a hilarious article at Bookslut about the vices and virtues of Book Lover's Trivial Pursuit -- an evil, evil game that lasted for 4 to 5 hours, which seemed to go by so quickly after drinking copious amounts of wine. I cleaned up on the kids book section, while everyone else stood dumbfounded by questions like "What famous children's illustrator has written such books like the Very Quiet Cricket and the Very Hungry Caterpillar." Me answering with "Um, hello?? Eric Carle?" in my slightly tipsy valley girl-upspeak.

Ian quotes me at one point the article in regards to whether or not non-book people would find the game challenging: "I’m fine with that! Regular people have regular Trivial Pursuit and Star Wars Trivial Pursuit. For me, this is challenging.”

Yeah, keep me AWAY from this game people. Not one of my finest moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home