All Ages

Friday, June 25, 2004

I love getting mail.

Brian Ralph sent me a copy of his Free Comic Book Day title, REGGIE 12. It's a collection of the adventures of a boy robot originally published in the pages of Giant Robot Magazine. The stories are really fun and off-the-wall, sometimes a bit non-linear, which always works in Ralph's favour. Most of his stuff that I've read has that wacky quality. Some of the humour will definitely go over some kids' heads but there's plenty here to keep them entertained.

Brian Ralph is one of the guy's doing comics for kids that truly gets it -- from panel layout to kid-relevant content to a genuine good sense of humour.

3 Comments:

  • I thought Reggie-12 was AMAZING, but haven't been able to find anything else by him. Maybe because I was Googling under what I assume is his pen name, Ralph Stevenson -- but this is the first reference I've found to the comic. Anything else by him you can recommend?

    By Blogger tomthedog, at 10:08 PM  

  • Brian Ralph has a few small wordless graphic novels mostly published by Highwater Books. CLIMBING OUT and CAVE IN are the two big ones. CRUMB BUMS is forthcoming in Summer 2004 so I'm hoping to pick it up in San Diego this year.

    You can find out more info on Brian at http://www.highwaterbooks.com

    Hope that helps!

    By Blogger Scott Robins, at 9:24 AM  

  • It does help, a lot. Thanks!

    By Blogger tomthedog, at 1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home