All Ages

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Did I miss something?

Who the hell is Johnny DC?

Sure he's the brand new mascot for DC Comics' kids line but I can't seem to find any pictures of this ellusive mascot in his previous incarnations. Don't get my wrong, I love Rian Hughes' design (his covers on Wildcats were some of the best of last year) but I'm having a hard time thinking this is newsworthy. Not sure if an 8-year old is really going to care about his little mascot up in the corner. Call me cynical but meh...

Seems to me an imprint name would be a more effective way of branding. Curious if DC is planning on expanding this line beyond licensed characters and their toon properties to compete with Marvel's ever-growing Marvel Age line.

1 Comments:

  • DC could use a line of kid friendly books that don't look like the animated series, I think. I can't imagine any kids getting interested in seeing Superman eat peaches in the Azzarello title.

    Cay

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home